We provide consulting and basic engineering services for new and existing phosphoric acid plants.We actively support advancement of phos acid technology and have supported and developed valuable innovations. A brochure describing technology and listing phos acid projects is available upon request at JohnWingPE@verizon.net.
- Dihydrate:Process design for several expansions and many modifications. Experience as Asst. Phos Acid Plant Supt., Tech Services Supt., &R&D Engr.
- Hemi:Designed 2 very successful conversions from Dihydrate to Hemihydrate Consulted for 4 new Hemi plants.Studied conversion of several plants to Hemi See the Hemi page in this website.
- Hemi-Di:Studied conversion of 5 phos acid plants to Hemi-Di. Basic engineering to convert Oswal plant to Hemi-Di. Construction was started but not completed after another company bought facility.)
- Evaluations to select process: Advise clients regarding Dihydrate vs. Hemi
- Reactors:Projects with most brands, including Prayon Mark 2,3,&4, Yara, Jacobs-Dorr, Oxy Hemi, & Chemico. Converted two Prayon reactors to Hemi
- Filters:Tilting Pan: Delkor, Eimco (FL Smidth), Landskrona, Pannevis, Phillippe Tilting Pan: Bird-Prayon (Andritz) with 3 types of central valve, including modern EX-LV. Table:Ucego (RPA)
- Evaporators: HiTech Solutions: We provided complete design of evaporators, including entrainment separators & FSA units. Swenson, Struthers, Krebs, etc.
- Handling of Phosphate Rock, Clay, Silica, &DeFoamer
- Rock Grinding
- Fume Collection & Scrubbing
- Fluosilicic Acid Recovery
- Phos Acid Handling, Clarification, Shipping
- Water Systems for Cooling, Gypsum Transfer, etc.
- Phosphogypsum Stacking & Utilization
PresentationsJohn Wing presented several phos acid papers AIChE Clearwater Conf., including:
The Hemi Era in Phosphoric Acid, 2006
- Selecting a Phosphoric Acid Process:Di, Hemi, & Hemi-Di, 2008
- Mud Chemistry? An Insider Reveals the Soft Side of Phosphate Technology, ‘09
- Phosphoric Acid Evaporator Bottlenecks: Causes & Cures, 1980 He presented Phos Acid Reactors: Art & Science at Regional Phosphate Conf, 2010. These papers are available upon request at JohnWingPE@verizon.net.