We provide consulting and basic engineering services for new or existing plants producing DAP, MAP, TSP, SSP, NPK, and PAPR fertilizers. Advanced technologies that we incorporate into design of new and modified fertilizer plants (especially DAP/MAP plants) include:
- Double-Mole Acid Scrubbing: 2-stage countercurrent scrubbing reduces ammonia loss to near zero and greatly reduces NH3& F stack emissions.
- Vaporize All Ammonia Feed with Free Heat: Eliminate process steam cost by using heat from tail-gas scrubbing or process air streams. Our proprietary RG Vaporizer-Scrubber greatly reduces NH3& F stack emissions.
- Chilling of Cooler Inlet Air: Part of liquid ammonia feed is flashed to chill cooler inlet air to 5oC, greatly reducing cooler air flow and size requirement for the cooling system.
- Diverter Systems for Screening: Increase capacity & reduce cost by eliminating unnecessary screen loads.
- Automated Recycle Control: Continuously monitor particle size and adjust process to keep size in mid-range. Provides more capacity and superior product quality.
- Other Innovations: Dual diameter pre-neutralizer, pipe reactors, advanced acid and tail-gas scrubbers,re-use of gas streams,Tran-Tech product cooler, etc.
We offer to evaluate existing plants to find opportunities where some of these modern technologies could reduce cost, increase capacity, enhance product quality, or reduce NH3& F emissions. Many clients have obtained rapid return on investment by implementing these modern technologies into older plants. Such an evaluation would be especially lucrative with plants that are over 20 years old.
John Wing provided process design for scores of new, modified, or expanded fertilizer plants in USA, Asia, South America, Philippines, Australia, and Indonesia. He participated in implementing many of the modernizations into older DAP plants in Florida, Louisiana, and Idaho. A brochure describing the innovations and listing of fertilizer projects is available upon request at JohnWingPE@verizon.net.
PresentationsJohn Wing has presented DAP innovations at conferences, including:
- DAP & Phos Acid Plant Improvements,Arab Fertilizer Assn.Conf.,Amman, 2011
- Features Every DAP Plant Needs, CRU Phosphates 2015 Conf.